2019 Light! Design Expo Exhibitor Information
About Light! - Northern California's Architectural Lighting and Design Show
• Curated Expo of 130+ Exhibitors of Architectural Lighting Products
• Four Free AIA & IES CEU Accredited Seminars
• No Host Top Shelf Bar 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM
• Complimentary Cuisine from San Francisco Food Trucks
On July 11, 2019 from 11:30 am-8pm, IES San Francisco Section's Light! Design Expo returns to Pier 27 on San Francisco's Embarcadero, with its beautiful panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay and waterfront. This exciting annual expo showcases the latest in architectural lighting products, attracts a wide range of design professionals, and is the only architectural lighting products show in Northern California. This exciting annual architectural lighting event for the design community is becoming known as the best lighting show in the US. Light! Design Expo's product showcases and free seminars are carefully curated for the Bay Area architecture, design, engineering, and construction community: lighting designers, architects, interior designers, engineers, building owners, facilities and maintenance teams, school districts, municipalities, contractors, real estate developers, construction firms, and more.
Light! Design Expo is free for attendees and presents a unique opportunity to learn about design trends and design for specific applications and populations and to see and experience the latest in innovative lighting products. All this in a social and festive setting with amazing views of the San Francisco Bay and waterfront.
Important documents for 2019 Light! Exhibitors are located HERE.
Audience & Attendance
We expect a minimum of 1000+ attendees from the design and specification community: lighting designers, architects, interior designers, engineers, building owners, facilities and maintenance teams, school districts, municipalities, contractors and more. IES San Francisco is partnering closely in marketing with industry organizations where these specifiers are members, including AIA, IIDA, IALD, BOMA, ASID, ASLA, ASHRAE, and others.
Food & Beverage
Light! will feature complimentary cuisine from local SF food truck stations and dessert carts, as well as coffee bars which will be interspersed throughout the show floor. There will also be a full no host bar from 4pm-8pm.
Light! will host 4 AIA/LU and IES/CEU accredited classes in a 3000 sq. ft. space that can accommodate 200 attendees per class.
Graphic images of local lighting projects featuring the collaborative work of local designers and manufacturers will be on display throughout the event space.
New & Improved for 2019:
• Coffee Stations on the Expo Floor
· More Food and continuous food service at food truck stations
· Drapery to mitigate glare from afternoon sun on the lower level. (Drapery at blue windows on show floor will continue every year)
· Shorter lines for attendees with Fast Track Check In & electronic scanning for check In.
· Offsite warehouse & storage for an additional cost will be available for up to 30 days before the show.
· A la carte service options including Receiving/Handling & Unloading of Exhibit Crates; Display Set Up Assistance; Breakdown Assistance; and Removal, Storage and Return Transportation will all be offered at an additional cost.
· Many more contracted workers to make the setup and breakdown process run smoothly.
· For those using the union services, your materials, crates, boxes, and pallets will be ready and waiting for you in your space at 12pm sharp on Wednesday, July 10 for setup.
2019 Light! Seminars
6:00 pm Keynote:
Director, Lux Populi, Mexico City: The Craft Beneath Design Thinking
12:00 pm: Gere Kavanaugh,
Founder, Gere Kavanaugh Designs, Los Angeles:
Gere Kavanaugh- A Life in Color
2:00 pm: Peter Ngai,
VP. OLED Lighting, Acuity Brands, Inc.:
Luminaire Design – A Personal Perspective
4:00 pm: Patty Glasow, FIALD, MIES, LC
EVP Auerbach Glasow, San Francisco:
All the World's a Stage - Theaters & Lighting the Audience
2019 Light! Food Trucks