Job Title: Senior Lighting Designer
Company Name: Hiram Banks Lighting Design
City / Area: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time - Experienced
Contact Person Name: Sam Russell
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (415) 215-0869
Company Website: http://www.hirambanks.com/
Job Description: The Senior Designer role is key in managing projects, staff and resources devoted to assuring quality and profitability.
• Work directly with the Design Director to manage projects and overall project scheduling.
• Asses project staffing levels for projects in conjunction with the Design Director with an emphasis on proper utilization rates and good profitability
• Design development of interior architectural lighting design and production of construction documents on all project types
• Develop presentation materials and in presenting designs to clients and other consultants, assigning tasks and managing the project team as required
• Coordinate construction-phase activities including requests for information, document updates, project record-keeping, assigning tasks and managing the project team as required
• Produce all required design documentation, including but not limited to; drawings, specifications, fixture selections, detail developments, cost estimates, etc., assigning tasks and managing the project team as required
• Client, architect and consultant relationship building and management
• New business development, including networking, outreach and industry representation at event
• Proposal preparation
Education and Skills Requirements: Qualifications and Requirements include:
• An accredited professional degree in architecture, lighting design, interior design – or work equivalent
• 7-10 years of lighting industry experience
• Proficiency in AutoCAD & Revit
• Fluency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Excellent attention to detail
• Great time management skills
• Ability to manage teams and bring out the best performance in staff
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and English proficiency
• Efficiency in Adobe CS6 (we use InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
• Proficiency in AGI 3.2 or other lighting calculation software
• 3D Modeling or rendering experience
• LEED Certification
Company Background: Our goal
Our philosophy is to work closely with the design team to integrate the lighting into the architecture.
Our mission is to merge technology and creativity to achieve lighting designs of distinction, sophistication and utility, always respectful of the architecture, the experience, the needs, and the vision of our clients.
With a combined experience of over 75 years, the Hiram Banks Lighting Design team has completed projects worldwide. Each design is tailored by the unique set of each client's needs. We meet the challenges of each new assignment with innovative and proven solutions.
As a consultant, our team level of technical competence and project organization is often recognized as being a leader and role model for other consultants on the same project. Our team is accustomed to coordinating drawings and other documents for large, complex projects to small scale renovations using the most advanced technology available and standard project formats.