Job Title: Senior Energy Efficiency Project Manager
Company Name: Energy Solutions
City / Area: Oakland, CA
Type: Full Time - Experienced
Contact Person Name: Colleen Butterfield
Contact Email: email@example.com
Contact Phone: (510) 482-4420
Company Website: https://energy-solution.com/
We are currently seeking a full time Senior Project Manager to join our Policy and Ratings team in our Oakland, CA office. The person selected to fill this position will leverage experience in technical project portfolio management, stakeholder collaborative facilitation, and in-depth knowledge of building energy technologies. Desired experience in (one or more) lighting (including networked lighting controls), HVAC, demand response, distributed generation, data analytics, and related technology solutions, to help create large scale savings for our clients.
As a member of the Energy Solutions team, you will have a broad impact on energy efficiency markets and greenhouse gas reductions through our work for major North American utilities, and other national leaders in energy efficiency. This unique market opportunity, paired with Energy Solutions’ mission driven approach, creates a perfect environment for individuals who want to have an active voice in shaping the energy future in California and beyond.
Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Energy savings calculations to document savings realized through efficiency improvements
- Assisting with program design and implementation
- Applied electrical engineering
- Lighting, lighting control, lighting system design and related technology research
- Conducting market research and data analysis
- Building modeling using software such as Energy Pro, Energy Plus, eQuest, Trane Trace, etc.
- Monitoring the progress of projects and communicating progress to clients and management
- Field work
- Overall direction, management, quality control and completion of program deliverables
- Managing project budgets and tasks with minimal oversight
- Communicating program progress to management and clients
- Tracking of industry trends and other market changes that impact energy efficiency
- Organizing and facilitating in-person meetings, conference calls, and facilitated collaboration sessions
Education and Skills Requirements:
- A minimum of eight years of work experience (graduate school years applicable)
- A technical bachelor’s degree in an energy, electrical, or IT related discipline
- A minimum of 6 years project management experience
- Strong technical writing and verbal communication skills
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office (Office365, SharePoint, OneNote)
- Ability to work, drive, and thrive juggling many activities and communications
- Willingness to conduct occasional business travel
Founded in 1995, Energy Solutions is an employee owned energy efficiency and demand management engineering, program design and implementation consulting firm. Our mission is to create large-scale environmental impacts for our clients by implementing market-based solutions and developing policies that contribute to these goals. We foster this mission by retaining a talented and committed team, providing a stimulating, healthy and participatory workplace, and emphasizing creative new approaches that maximize the value of our services. With 100+ staff, we are honored to serve a diverse range of utility, public agency, commercial and industrial clients.
Our BART-accessible office is located in downtown Oakland, California. Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous retirement package. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, other pre-tax contribution plans and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). To apply please visit https://energy-solution.com/company/careers/. For more information about Energy Solutions, please visit us on our website at www.energy-solution.com. Information will be requested to perform the compulsory background check, drug screens are required and being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. EOE.