(Free Transportation! Limited Seating. Register Early!)
Take a tour through Finelite’s offices showcasing Tailored, energy-efficient lighting, Tunable White immersion rooms, and their Union City factory. Hear Terry Clark speak on tunable white light and Circadian rhythm (AIA and NCQLP approved).
Free, roundtrip transportation from San Francisco Union Square (departing 5:15PM) and the Union City BART station (departing 5:30PM) will be offered. Limited Seating.
Hors d’oeuvres, wine, beer and soft drinks will be offered.
If you would like to tweet about and during this event, please use the hashtag #IESSF2017FineliteTour.
Highlights of the Evening:
5:30PM – 8:00PM
Tunable White Immersion Experience
Finelite has several tunable white spaces where attendees can immerse themselves and experience the technology first-hand.
- Explore the key components that make tunable white possible
- Talk to the designers of these systems and ask questions
- Experience the lighting and use the controls yourself
5:30PM – 8:00PM
Tour the Classroom of the Future: A DOE Project
- See the progress being made to bring affordable tunable white lighting to the classroom
- Learn about the teacher experience in the classroom where our DOE-sponsored teacher focus groups were held
- Feel the impact of layered lighting using tunable luminaires and controls.
5:30PM – 8:00PM
Tour the Finelite Factory
6:30PM – 7:30PM
Seminar: Understanding Tunable White Light
APPROVED FOR 1 AIA LU/HSW AND 1 LEU NCQLP.
IN-PERSON SIGN-IN AT THE EVENT IS REQUIRED FOR THE CREDIT.
The continued reduction in cost of LED-based luminaires and the development of better, more affordable user interfaces and controls, are making a number of different approaches to white color tuning possible. Learning Objectives include:
- Understand color space, the "black body curve" and the tuning of "white" light
- Understand the design parameters of color-tuning systems for different applications
- Learn about current research into vision science and physiological response to light including Circadian rhythm
- Learn the metrics used to specify a white color tuning system.
Terry Clark is the founder and chairman of the Board of Finelite, Inc. Mr. Clark founded Finelite in 1991 after 20-years in advanced electronics with high-tech firms including Intel and Teradyne. Under his leadership Finelite has become one of the largest independent luminaire manufacturers in North America. Mr. Clark has an engineering degree from the University of Michigan and an MBA from Harvard University. He holds ten patents that have resulted in award-winning product platforms.
For more than twenty-five years, Finelite has delivered award-winning innovations in lighting technology and design and set new standards for performance, sustainability, value, and customer service. Finelite's mission is to develop beautiful, affordable, energy-efficient lighting solutions and products for offices, education and healthcare facilities. The company has worked in partnership with the Department of Energy, the California Energy Commission, the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority and others, to develop best practices in lighting to achieve maximum energy savings. At their Northern California-based manufacturing facilities, they work continuously to eliminate waste through smart product design, lean manufacturing, and corporate practices. For more information, please visit www.finelite.com.
|Date:||Thursday, May 18, 2017|
30500 Whipple Road
Union City, CA 94587
|Seminar Speaker:||Terry Clark, Founder and Chairman of the Board of Finelite, Inc.|
|Schedule:||5:30 - 8:00 Tunable White Immersion Experience/Tour the Classrom of the Future/Tour the Finelite Facotry
6:30 - 7:30 Seminar: Understanding Tunable White Light
$10 IES & AIA Members
(Fees non-refundable for cancellations & no-shows)
|Contact:||Meg Godfrey, firstname.lastname@example.org|