Thursday, February 19 6:00pm- 8:00 pm
Willem Smitt, Director Product Marketing, Soraa
Gensler, 2 Harrison St. 4th Floor San Francisco, CA
Admission is free– Refreshments Provided!
Some of the most innovative and high performing LEDs are developed and manufactured in the Bay Area. With a fundamentally different LED design (GaN on GaN) Soraa in Fremont, founded by 2014 Nobel laureate Shuji Nakamura, has introduced second generation LEDs that deliver better light more efficiently. Willem Smitt from Soraa will be on hand to explain and demonstrate the fascinating technology behind LEDs.
This event will give insight into the fundamental science and physics behind LEDs and how they work.
Those attending will:
• Observe LED dies and components through microscopes as they light up and dim
• View LED phosphors and substrates
• See samples of LED die manufacturing
• Discover elements inside an LED (epitaxy, metallization layers, substrates, phosphors)
• Understand LED characteristics; terms used and elements that determine performance
Contact: Clifton Lemon firstname.lastname@example.org, 415-254-7056